Rebecca Jesty - Counsellor/Therapist near Reading, Wokingham, Bracknell and Maidenhead
As an integrative counsellor, I combine a number of different theoretical approaches to counselling CBT, Psychodynamic, humanistic and skills development. This helps me be flexible and responsive to your individual needs and perspective. Although specialising in grief and bereavement counselling I am able to help with a range of troubling issues such as stress, illness, depression and relationship problems and breakdown. If you are ready to explore your life as best you can, in your own words, you also have the potential to develop in new ways which may help alleviate emotional pain. This isn't an easy process but it can be rewarding. If you are looking for a counsellor who is able to to help you understand your story, and help you find new ways to move on with life, you can find further information on this site. Counselling therapy is an individual process and takes a unique journey.
I believe counselling is primarily a relationship in which you are the focus. All areas of concern are considered holistically, including thoughts, emotions, choices, beliefs, and physical needs. Spiritual/religious aspects can also be included and valued. I aim for a balance between support and encouragement combined with gentle challenge and I can offer helpful tools to pursue healing, change and growth.
I have experience working in the following areas:
- Grief counselling, loss and bereavement
- General counselling, anxiety and stress
- Support during IVF, grief and loss, baby loss, or terminations
- Low mood and depression
- Loss of self esteem, identity and life stage changes
- Experiences of illness such as cancer
- General unhappiness, confusion or disillusionment with life
- Relationship difficulties
- Family issues
- Working with teenagers: school/family issues, bullying, self-esteem/identity issues, self-harm and suicidal thoughts
- Creative work including pictures, toys, and experiential activities
- Faith, spirituality, making sense or finding meaning in life
- Understanding how your experiences and history have impacted your life
- Goal-setting and encouragement
I work as a therapist with Reading Lifeline (a charity offering grief counselling for baby loss) as well as having a small private practice near Reading. I am trained to work with adults and have experience with teenagers in school.
My private counselling practice is located in Woodley (easily accessible from Reading, Bracknell, Wokingham and Maidenhead). There is usually a driveway parking space available and no restrictions for parking on the road should this be unavailable. To contact me click here. Please include your telephone number and I will call you back to discuss your needs.
Working hours Weekdays apart from Tuesday (latest slot 1.30 pm). Evenings available (after 6.30 pm, latest slot 8.00 pm). Please call for availability.
- After loosing her, your generosity, non-judgemental listening heart and gentle guidance will never be forgotten
- I feel now that I wish I hadn't cut myself. Also, I know that my dad's violence wasn't my fault
- I have got myself back
- It's been really useful to talk to someone who is not in the situation