Rebecca Jesty - Counsellor/Therapist near Reading, Wokingham, Bracknell and Maidenhead
I believe counselling is primarily a positive relationship in which you are the focus.
My working style is integrative which means I combine a number of different theoretical approaches to counselling including Person Centred, CBT, Psychodynamic and skills development. This gives flexibility and responsiveness to your individual needs and perspective. I am trained to work with adults but have experience with working with teenagers in school to alleviate anxiety, self esteem and relationship problems.
Talking can help alleviate emotional pain. Counselling isn't necessarily an easy process but it can be rewarding. If you are looking for a counsellor who is able to to help you understand your story, and help you find new ways to move on with life, you can find further information on this site. Counselling therapy is an individual process and takes a unique journey.
I also work part-time as a bereavement therapist and clinical lead with Lifeline (a charity offering grief counselling for baby loss) based in Reading, Berkshire. Bereavement, questions about meaning and grief counselling is a specialist area of interest to me.
I am able to help with a range of troubling issues including:
- General counselling, anxiety and stress
- Support during IVF, grief and loss, baby loss, or terminations
- Low mood and depression
- Loss of self esteem, identity and life stage changes
- Experiences of illness such as cancer
- General unhappiness, confusion or disillusionment with life
- Relationship difficulties
- Family issues
- Working with teenagers: school/family issues, bullying, self-esteem/identity issues, self-harm and suicidal thoughts
- Creative work including pictures, toys, and experiential activities
- Faith, spirituality, making sense or finding meaning in life
- Understanding how your experiences and history have impacted your life
- Goal-setting and encouragement
My private counselling practice is located in Woodley (easily accessible from Reading, Bracknell, Wokingham and Maidenhead). There is usually a driveway parking space available and no restrictions for parking on the road should this be unavailable. To contact me click here. Please include your telephone number and I will call you back to discuss your needs. Alternatively, I have found email communication works well too.
Working hours Weekdays (latest slot 1.30 pm). Evenings available (after 6.30 pm, latest slot 8.00 pm). Please call for availability.
- After loosing her, your generosity, non-judgemental listening heart and gentle guidance will never be forgotten
- I feel now that I wish I hadn't cut myself. Also, I know that my dad's violence wasn't my fault
- I have got myself back
- It's been really useful to talk to someone who is not in the situation