Rebecca Jesty -Offering individual and couples counselling. Based near Reading, Wokingham, Bracknell and Maidenhead
Counselling is primarily a positive relationship in which you or the couple relationship are the focus.
-Talking can help alleviate emotional pain. Counselling isn't necessarily an easy process but it can be rewarding. If you are looking for a counsellor who is able to to help you understand your story, and help you find new ways to move on with life, you can find further information on this site. Counselling for individuals is an individual process and takes a unique journey.
-Feelings and thoughts are sometimes understood or recognised as we give them words, we then can make better decisions when we know how we feel and what we want.
-We feel less alone and more our "normal" selves when someone really listens in an unhurried way.
-Modern busy lives are often focused on doing and acting, less so on reflection and understanding which can cause normal stress levels to build. Talking and listening is a slower process, reconnecting us to ourselves and others.
-Talking is part of relating and can help highlight problematic areas within communication, such as lack of assertion in relationships. These can then be tackled to improve quality of relationships and life. This includes how you may talk to yourself, your inner thoughts shared with another are then open for change and growth.
-Talking together can also be teaching, learning, challenging, re-thinking and purposeful, it's a common misconception to think that its a passive activity and it doesn't have to be.
My private practice is based in Woodley. I also work part-time as a bereavement therapist and clinical lead with Lifeline (a charity offering grief counselling for baby loss) based in Reading, Berkshire. Bereavement and questions about meaning and grief counselling is a specialist area of interest to me.
- General counselling, anxiety and stress
- Support during IVF, grief and loss, baby loss, or terminations
- Low mood and depression
- Loss of self esteem, identity and life stage changes
- Experiences of illness such as cancer
- General unhappiness, confusion or disillusionment with life
- Relationship difficulties
- Family issues
- Working with teenagers: school/family issues, bullying, self-esteem/identity issues, self-harm and suicidal thoughts
- Faith, spirituality, making sense or finding meaning in life
- Understanding how your experiences and history have impacted your life
Couples who would like a safe place to explore difficulties between them are welcome. It is possible to improve your relationship.
Unsure about couples or individual counselling?
I would recommend you come as a couple for the first time before making that decision. This way you have the option that I can continue working with one if you so decide not to follow continue with couple counselling.
My private counselling practice is located in Woodley (easily accessible from Reading, Bracknell, Wokingham and Maidenhead). There is usually a driveway parking space available and no restrictions for parking on the road should this be unavailable. To contact me click here. Please include your telephone number and I will call you back to discuss your needs.
Working hours Weekdays (latest slot 1.30 pm). Evenings available (after 6.30 pm, latest slot 8.00 pm). Please call for availability.
- After loosing her, your generosity, non-judgemental listening heart and gentle guidance will never be forgotten
- I feel now that I wish I hadn't cut myself. Also, I know that my dad's violence wasn't my fault
- I have got myself back
- It's been really useful to talk to someone who is not in the situation